Agnico Eagle: 3 mines operating & 3 new gold mines soon.
Gold production to double to 590,000 ounces in 2009, double again to 1.2 million ounces in 2010.
  • Demo Video
  • Private Messages
  • Edit My Profile
  • View/Edit Portfolio

AGORACOM News Flash

Virtutone Networks Discusses Second Quarter Net Revenues of $43M

• Net revenues reached $43,216,403 for the second quarter of 2014, an increase of $34,555,976 or 399%
  • Leading supplier of wholesale telecommunication services, serving as an intermediary between large carriers and local telephone companies in many countries worldwide.

Hub on AGORACOM / Corporate Profile / Watch Interview

Generic_profile
President
Rating: [?]
Votes: 67 Score: 3.7
  • Currently 3.7/5 Stars.
Did you know? You can earn activity points by filling your profile with information about yourself (what city you live in, your favorite team, blogs etc.

Northern Persistence

posted on Mar 14, 12 06:18PM

Northern Persistence
Challenges Notwithstanding, Nunavut Explorers Persevere
By Greg Klein

See Part I of this story.

Nunavut’s mining future might have seemed grim indeed when Agnico-Eagle TSX:AEM applied a $644.9-million write-down to Meadowbank, the territory’s sole operating mine. Newmont’s TSX:NEM $1.61-billion write-down of its Hope Bay Gold Project would seem to validate pessimism. Yet Nunavut mining has flourished in the past, and rising commodity prices have brought renewed interest in past-producing operations. Meanwhile, a new strategic alliance offers hope for largely unexplored lands.

Undeterred by its Meadowbank disappointment, Agnico is pushing its Meliadine Gold Project towards 2017 production. But if Elgin Mining TSXV:ELG keeps to its timeline, it will re-open the Lupin Gold Mine by Spring 2014. Located 400 kilometres north of Yellowknife, the mine was shut down by Kinross TSX:K in 2005 after producing 3.34 million ounces. Production, however, was sporadic. The mine was opened October 1982, shut down January 1998, re-opened April 2000, shut down again August 2003, re-opened March 2004 and shut down yet again in February 2005.

Read the rest of this article.

New Message

Please login to post a reply

AGORACOM Quick Tips

Testimonials. Members Sure Love AGORACOM! ... Get On The List!

President's D.D.

New feature: Hub Presidents can add important links here.