Exploration & Development

Dufferin Gold Mine, Nova Scotia - Near Production

Free
Message: Ressources Appalaches Receives Preliminary Metallurgical Test Results of
19.1 g/t Gold for Dufferin Mine

RIMOUSKI, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 03/26/12 -- Ressources Appalaches (TSX VENTURE:APP) is very pleased to announce initial results from its current gravity and flotation metallurgical testing. The composite sample, which is representative of the mineralized zone, has a gold content of 19.1 g/t.

The current tests, which are an integral part of the process of reactivating the mine, are designed to confirm earlier studies while applying the latest techniques, representative of the treatment process employed in the current plant at Dufferin Mine in Nova Scotia.

Tests work description:

Tests work are carried out to determine the bond work index of the mineralisation which will allow the grinding capacity to be checked, gravity concentration tests will establish the recoveries to be expected using a centrifugal concentrator and a series of tests will be carried out to determine optimum conditions (grind, reagents, flotation kinetics) for concentrating the ore by froth flotation. For future consideration, the leaching characteristics of the concentrates will also be established.

Sampling feature:

--  A composite 50-kg sample was submitted to Met-Solve Laboratories in
    British Columbia. 
--  The sample was made up of 92 NQ core samples from 13 boreholes, which
    had been split a second time (quarter core). 
--  The drill intersections were taken from the central portion of the
    mineralized zone, which includes the first eight Saddle Reef-type veins,
    distributed over a length of 700 m and down to a depth of 275 m. 
--  A portion of the 50-kg sample was analyzed by fire assay with
    gravimetric finish to determine the basic grade at 19.1g/t Au. 
--  The other quarter cores were retained; all drill cores are stored at the
    mine-site.

About Ressources Appalaches

Since it was created in 1994, the goal of Ressources Appalaches has been to discover and develop deposits of base and precious metals in Canada, and more especially in Quebec and Nova Scotia. Appalaches' primary focus is with the exploration and development of the Dufferin gold mine in Nova Scotia.

Photos of the Dufferin Mine and its facilities are available on the Company's website at: www.ressourcesappalaches.com.

The contents of this press release were prepared and checked by Alain Hupe, Eng., a Qualified Person as defined in NI 43-101. Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Service Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts any responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements that include elements of risk and uncertainty. Consequently, actual results may differ substantially from those anticipated in such statements. These risks and uncertainties are described in the quarterly and annual reports, and in the documents submitted to the securities administration.

Contacts:
Alain Hupe Eng.
President
418-724-0901
[email protected]

Source: Marketwire (March 26, 2012 - 1:39 PM EDT)
New Message
Please login to post a reply