Developing the El Boleo mine - 2010

Baja Mining Corp. is a Canadian mining company. Baja, through Minera y Metalurgica del Boleo S.A.P.I. de C.V. (MMB), owns a 10% interest in the Boleo copper-cobalt-zinc-manganese project located in Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Free

Baja Provides an Update on the Boleo Project

Vancouver, September 18, 2014 – Baja Mining Corp. (“Baja” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: BAJ - OTC:

BAJFF) wishes to provide an update regarding the Boleo Project, in which it holds a 10% interest, and the

impact of Hurricane Odile that hit the Baja Peninsula earlier in the week. Baja understands that

although the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm in the region of Santa Rosalia, heavy rains

and high winds in the area knocked out electricity and communications. Baja has been informed by

Minera y Metalúrgica del Boleo S.A. P.I. de CV. (“MMB”) and Korea Resources Corporation that there

has been no notable damage to the project site and communications have been restored at the site but

that the activity at the Boleo Project remains halted while the site is inspected and until clean-up is

completed.

Baja is deeply saddened to report that there was one confirmed fatality involving Boleo personnel.

Tragically, Mr. Kyoung Jin Park, Chief Operating Officer of MMB, was drowned in the town of Santa

Rosalia, located adjacent to the Boleo Project, by a flash flood attributable to heavy rains from the

storm. In addition, Mr. Sung Keun Chai, Chief Executive Officer of MMB, who is thought to have been

with Mr. Park at the time of the incident, is currently missing. Baja has been advised that the Mexican

authorities continue their search for Mr. Chai. The leadership of these two executives has been

important in advancing the Boleo Project, and Mr. Park, and Mr. Chai, if confirmed deceased, will be

greatly missed.

Mr. Tom Ogryzlo, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Baja remarked, @On behalf of Baja and its

shareholders I wish to offer my most sincere condolences to the famil ies, friends and colleagues of Mr.

Chai and Mr. Park and acknowledge the extraordinary commitment and contributions of these two

individuals to the significant progress in advancing the Boleo Project.@

For further information, please contact Baja’s Interim CEO Tom Ogryzlo at 604-685-2323 or via email at

[email protected]

New Message
Please login to post a reply