Welcome to the Bioasis Technologies Hub On AGORACOM

Free

A great post by pmrider on the Stockhouse board entitled "My Take." 

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard?symbol=bioaf&postid=25946952

My Take

In a nutshell, biOasis must demonstrate that it's technology has been validated by one or both of it's current licensees to the point where they are willing to part with some cash.  At the moment, I believe that shareholders have looked at the past collaborations/licenses (Shire, UCB, Abbvie & MedImmune) and are making the assumption that Astellas & Vaccinex might be on the same path.  That raises questions with respect to the technology, although no evidence has surfaced to support the idea that the technology does not work.  If the science is not a problem, than what is?

Almost 2 years ago, the board of directors endorsed the idea of moving the MTFpep-Trastuzumab program into the clinic.  Here we are 2 years later and still nothing.  Taking programs into the clinic is expensive and I realize that significant cash will need to be raised, but the alternative is simply putting our destiny into the hands of pharma licensees who will only act when absolutely necessary.  Demonstrating that we do not need them will create the culture of necessity & bring our licensees to the table in a "meaningful way".  Demonstrating that we have the expertise & financial resources to obtain that all important human validation is what we need to catapult the stock to the next level(s). 

There comes a point when you need to "swing for the fences".  In our case, we've been trying to obtain human validation by having pharma carry the programs forward (or so it appears) for us.  That will only be done on their timeframe and on their terms.  Yes I know we will require further dilution to move our internal programs forward, but I would embrace the idea at this point.  Something tells me that if we have the cash and resolve to control our own destiny, pharma will have a sudden epiphany.

Let's go Rob.

New Message
Please login to post a reply