primary business is mineral exploration

Royalty interest in two producing mines in Flin Flon, Manitoba

Free
Jan. 4, 2011 (PR Newswire) --

VANCOUVER - Callinan Mines Ltd. (CAA.TSX-V) is pleased to announce that Mr. John J. (J.J.) O'Donnell has been appointed as the company's Vice President of Exploration. Mr. O'Donnell has over 23 years of experience in base and precious metal mineral exploration and mining operations. Mr. O'Donnell is a graduate of Brandon University (B.Sc. Geology, 1987) and is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Mr. O'Donnell brings 18 years of mining and exploration experience within the Flin Flon - Snow Lake Greenstone belt, where Callinan Mines holds a large majority of its exploration assets. Notably, Mr. O'Donnell served for 8 years as Senior Mine Geologist for HudBay Minerals' 777 Mine in Flin Flon, Manitoba. Prior to his tenure at HudBay, Mr. O'Donnell enjoyed four year term with Granges Exploration exploring for base and precious metals in central Canada.

"We're looking forward to a long and productive relationship with J.J.," said Callinan President Mike Muzylowski. "I'm certain that Mr. O'Donnell's knowledge and experience will be a powerful asset to our Canadian exploration and development operations."

On Behalf of the Board of Directors,

Mike Muzylowski

Mike Muzylowski

New Message
Please login to post a reply