Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

On NYSE - KRY sp had been in a decent Bull run from Feb 1 - since trumped by the news of a possible JV and offering of more shares to drum up some cash. Technicals can be useful, but an offering that runs through the end of the month, even if guaranteed by the syndicate, makes the technicals fairly useless. Still on the same page as you, Zwil, just cannot ignore this sort of news that KO's technicals for this short period. If the offering is for 0.50CND, the Market (both Canadian and US) is giving enough of a discount that it might make for some second thought on where to acquire shares. The technicals should resume their Bullish nature, that is if the offering closes in a timely manner. Will likely remain stagnant until the offering closes. Would be very nice if there was an announcement that the offering had to close early, preferably on the 22nd (day before AGM). Wish KRY's web site had a shares countdown meter on the offering.

S&P500 is looking good at this time. Topping out, it seems, making a higher-high in the upside of the cycle. The cycles next low will determine if this is going back to Bullish. Today is quad-expiration day (stock index futures, single stock futures, stock options and stock index options). Supposed to be a day that see extra volatility. Some say not because S&P is above 1100. Anyway, yesterday was interesting as the Market came back from a "unexpected" higher than normal jobs claims. I'm sure many of you know of friends and family out of work, so it really is not unexpected, plus the amount of businesses going under continues. Also, and I know it gets boring to read, those Option ARM's and Alt-A's are still looming (though some disappear because of strategic defaults and short sales) and could still bring this whole house of cards down. Be careful in what you choose and perform DD - decent yield payers may be a hedge.

Gold getting quite a boost since close of HK. Touching very near $1260 right at Market open. Might be some sort of sign going into summer.

Last furlough Friday for us in California State gov't, so the 15% pay cut goes away, at least for the moment (Arnie has some "suggestions" on the table). Got to say, have learned that one adapts easily to less pay, when one has to, and now appreciate having had more time to do things in a world where everyone is always in a hurry. Will miss the furloughs. And that old adage of "time is money" is very true. In my case, I'll take the time because money is not everything.

Hope everyone had a good week and a great weekend is had by all.

New Message
Please login to post a reply