Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

next easter: I believe the DC court ruled VZ had to pay the GRZ award in Nov. 2015. VZ appealed the decision. GRZ asked the court to force VZ to post a bond, VZ fought this but lost in May 2016. So expect around 6 months more delaying tactics from VZ.

Once VZ lost and was required to post a bond to have their appeal heard they agreed to pay GRZ, buy their mining data and entered a JV for Brisas and Cristinas. I believe GRZ agreed to a stay on enforcement but of course are yet to be paid.

So perhaps around Sept. 2017 you can expect a lot of action. VZ might make some settlement offer and Gowling should start their court action (they might start earlier but I hope not).

In some respects VZ appealing is good as they will be required to post a bond. If there is no appeal, then Crystallex can enforce the award in the US - they would need to find some VZ assets and the Delaware case is in this direction. Winning that case could take a long time (and is also subject to appeal).

New Message
Please login to post a reply