Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

When the rumor about Tesla first came out I didn't think there was much to it. After a few days of the SP increasing and holding I thought there must be something happening. The first thing that jumped out at me was that many articles about the new Tesla plant stated that Toyota would be receiving batteries from this plant as well. This makes sense because it substantially reduces the risk for Tesla and Panasonic. We know Toyota has been in talks with electrovaya and signed an MOU. This makes me wonder if Toyota is one of the unannounced partners in this huge venture and they have been evaluating electrovaya's technology for the project. I don't think electrovaya would be a full partner in the deal but a licencing of their technology and patents would make sense. Tesla announced the plant would be green and power would be supplied by wind and solar so green manufacturing would fit as well. Then electrovaya announces the hiring of Ralph E. Lean. If electrovaya was in talks with the likes of Tesla, Panasonic and Toyota they would need a strong negotiator on their team to work out what would probably be a complicated licencing aggreement. I think his hiring is significant even if there is no Tesla deal. There are some recent developments that make this hiring interesting. One is the recent free trade deals Canada has been working on (EU and S. Korea) and countries and states that have announced major increases in grid storage. Ralph E. Lean has experience in dealing with governments and municipalities and has connections globally. The Roth Capital Conference announcement is interesting as well. They state in the announcement that a copy of the presentation can be viewed on their website, I don't recall them ever doing this before. I wonder if this is to comply with regulations to make the information available to everyone if there was a material announcement made at the conference. With the increase in SP today it makes me think we could hear something Wed. or even tomorrow. If you look on Canadian Insider website you will see all of the executives have recently been granted options at .72 cents, they have already almost doubled their money. All of this is in my opinion only.

Mar 10, 2014 07:45PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply