Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Ok, my topic again...

Solar City is managed by Lindon Rive (the cousin of Elon Musk) and his brother. The board of directors consits of Elon Musk, JB Straubel (who is 1000% in on battery technology - i think I posted his last speech at the energy strorage symposium somewhere before, here it is again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWSox7mLbyE).

SolarCity is not only the largest PV installer and finacier within the US but also, together with Tesla, the installer of many grid storage units, based on the Tesla Motors battery technology.

SolarCity strives to develop a decentral utility structure that allows automated energy trading and sopply out of the battery packs and helps companies (such as Walmart) already to avoid peak charges for energy consumption.

Next to covering the PV side of the EV & energy sector (one could see SolarCity and Tesla as one big conglomerate) both companies play a significant role in the gigafactory. As the battery specs are changed, anode and cathode get an overhaul and Elon stated a "toxic free" production process, I would not be surprised if EFL technology would be licensed and implemented by Panasonic.

Interesting will be the fact that SolarCity starts to develop their own panels with their recent aquisition... so becomes a competitor to Canadian Solar.

More details about the Gigafactory are said to be communicated around November, may be we have to wait until then, before we learn morte about EFLs involement...

New Message
Please login to post a reply