Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Message: Electrovaya will have the Cheapest Lithium-Ion Battery in the world.

http://qm.the-mtc.org/q2-2015.php?page=3

The benchmark data in the MTC's initial bid was derived from an analysis of a Maya 300 electric vehicle. The Maya was provided by Canadian battery manufacturer Electrovaya, who supplied the project with of its lithium-ion SuperPolymer cells.

EV Lite – five key DFMA innovations

• Integration with the vehicle's airbag sensor system to disconnect and isolate the battery cells in the event of an accident
  • Design of the battery's push-fit connectors, enabling easy assembly, upgrading and recycling
  • Integration of a heat sink into the bus bars, aiding battery temperature management and control to enhance efficiency
  • Packaging of the battery management system (BMS) between the bus bars and the cells, for simpler and quicker assembly
  • An integrated Intelligent Battery Interface System (IBIS) in a single plug-on unit

EV Lite – the headline figures

• Overall battery weight (including structure, battery management system, charging systems) reduced by over a quarter, compared to an equivalent current design
  • Weight of the non-cell elements of the battery reduced by 41 percent (a 45 kg saving in a 26.5 kWh-sized system)
  • Cost of non-cell components reduced by 63 percent to less than £3,400
  • Fully-automated build achieved in 18 minutes

If you take everything into consideration (including the non-NMP process), this will be an extremly competitive manufacturing process....I'm glad they extended the completion time line to the end of 2017...because there is no way that it could have been completed in 12 months.... I think that once Daimler saw the full presentation on how Electrovaya was going to construct the manufacturing lines, they were blown away and pretty much said here's the plant and can't wait to do bussiness with you in the near future.

I can't wait till the first production line is completed by x-mas....what a great story this will be.

New Message
Please login to post a reply