Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

I think this is much more of a possibility than people think. The German government has been very vocal about battery production there and will surely financially support any German production endeavors. Volkswagen is not only looking to get away from asian suppliers but also would prefer German technology. Based on what they have said we can eliminate all asian manufacturers which greatly limits the choices. The Litarion cells are selling and have been tested and verified and we still don't know yet what the parameters will be for the non-NMP cells but I would speculate they will be better than the litarion cells. Much of Electrovaya/Litarion technology was developed in Germany and they would prefer German technology. Electrovaya has been repeatedly talking about German OEM's in their conference calls. Personally I still believe Daimler is coming back for several reasons. Daimler is heavily involved now in energy storage systems as well as the ev batteries. Electrovaya has the highest cycle life which fits better with the storage systems. It looks like their batteries are a good fit for buses, they represent a good compromise between the LTO and NMC batteries with a higher energy density but still have the cycle life and safety required for commercial applications. Whith Daimler involved with both energy storage and buses (electric bus in 2018) it sure seems like a good fit especially when you consider they helped develop these batteries and would also probably prefer German technology. Add to that the cost should be substantially lower with the Electrovaya/Litarion cells. Together Daimler, Volkwagen and Electrovaya/Litarion would represent a solid partnership for battery production in Germany.

New Message
Please login to post a reply