Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

EXS/EXSFF has completed analysis of all past geophysical information at the Kidd properties, and further geophysics are currently being performed by a reputed outside contractor, as a last check on the most ideal drilling targets. At least one hole will be drilled to depth, possibly a second. The drill locations are so close to the existing mine, the drilling rig will be clearly visible to all the new Kidd Directors about to be officially appointed! What to do? What to do? I’m led to believe a Press Release on the Kidd drilling project will be out early next week. Interesting timing?

Excitement mounts in Timmins, anticipating the Premier’s arrival. Apparently, she meets with the Mayor mid-next week, then on to the Kidd Mine site. Crew are sprucing, painting and polishing, suggesting an elaborate hard hat tour of the facility by the Premier, accompanied by film & photo crew. The ‘cat’ that has been peeking at us over the past few weeks, will be officially ‘out of the bag’. It’s anticipated the Province of Ontario will be making a huge infrastructure commitment, in conjunction with the ‘newly’ discovered deposit, rich with copper, platinum & palladium. Logically, the event will be all over every media form, and, I suspect featured on BNN and a number of Mining Journals & websites.

The lengthy ‘Teck Activity, and Accounting Report’ received late Saturday night, has been disseminated to all of the Company’s Directors for commentary, and feedback. A Directors’ meeting is planned to thoroughly discuss all aspects of the report, Teck’s findings, and intentions moving into Phase Two of the Earn-In Agreement, calling for an additional minimum $1,500,000 Exploration Budget. It is rumoured that Teck hired an outside firm to do a ‘Baseline ‘Environmental Study’, which I view as a very positive development. It speaks to their long term commitment to the TPW project. I expect a News Release from EXS/EXSFF once the Directors have completed their review.

At Ogden, I’m hearing the drilling on Hole #5 is underway, roughly 2km east of the last two drills. I was told they were roughly halfway down, or 300meters. Evidently, they like some mineralization intercepted at about the 150meter level. No word on results, given the backlog at the assayer’s lab. The 6th, and final hole for now, will step out 150meters to the east.

New Message
Please login to post a reply