Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

Big week for Kidd. ‘Wynne In Timmins For FONOM’. Quoting from the May 4th Timmins Press.com article, “While in Timmins, Premiere Wynne will also be making a brief appearance at the Kidd Mine and speaking to employees there, in regards to the 50th anniversary celebration of starting production at the mine. A Kidd spokesperson told The Daily Press they are not aware that Wynne will make any announcement.” Apparently, the announcement she won’t be making, takes place Thursday, May 12th. I suspect the customary entourage of reporters will be in tow, to hear the announcement she won’t be making. I suspect anybody associated with the mine that says a peep about the event, or the substance of it, may never work in mining ever again. Keep your mouth shut, and you could be mining until at least 2030!!

Teck is in for at least another year, (requiring a further $1.5million exploration expenditure), although nothing official will be released until all the company’s directors have completely digested the lengthy report received a week ago Saturday, hours before the deadline. Apparently, they will meet to go over everything in detail and then do the appropriate NR.

At Ogden, the sixth, and final hole should be completed by Tuesday of this week. The final core should then be in the assayer’s hands by Friday. Collectively, various thicknesses of interesting material has been sent to the lab. With the unbelievable demand from Metals, Oban, and countless others drilling in the area, labs throughout Ontario and Quebec are severely back logged. At this point, its difficult to say when the results will be available.

Should we have a major ‘short’ position that needs to be covered, Heaven only knows to what lofty level we might aspire??

New Message
Please login to post a reply