Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

Myself, and other contributors on this board, and others, could all be noted as veteran investors in the mining venture/ exploration sector. As such, we have all developed reliable and credible sources of information we draw upon to assist in our investment decisions. I’ve known some of my contacts for 35 years. We knew the Premier of Ontario was going to be in Timmins, and was going to visit the Kidd Mine before any formal announcements were made. Ontario’s ‘Mineral Development Strategy 2015’ led some of our contacts to other conclusions about the visit to the mine as well. Quoting Premier Wynne, “The mining industry is an important pillar of the Ontario economy, said Wynne, who noted that mineral production in the province totaled $10.8 billion last year.” “Our renewed Mineral Development Strategy confirms our commitment to attracting new investment and support innovation in mining exploration and development. We are working to position Ontario over the next decade as the global leader in sustainable mineral development.” With bold statements like that, I can understand how one can jump to such conclusions.

Regardless of what was not said by the Premier, or the Mine’s Manager during her visit, at least not publicly, I’ve heard work continues at Kidd in reaching a newly found volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit. As suggested dating back to February, I’m hearing EXS/EXSFF will move a deep drilling rig onto property adjacent to the Kidd Mine, in an effort to find the top of this ‘new, alleged’ deposit. Apparently, this should take place before the end of the month. As one of the presenters at the ‘Big Event Canadian Mining Expo’ in Timmins, Chris Dupont will have the opportunity June 2nd to present Explor Resources to the ‘Northern Ontario Angels’. Imagine him bringing freshly drilled core from Kidd to the presentation? Quoting Timmins Press.com “The forum is the result of a partnership with the Northern Ontario Angels, which is a group originally started in Thunder Bay to promote investment opportunities in Northern Ontario to potential investors. Steve Kidd, the organization’s Timmins board member, said they maintain a network of more than 350 venture capitalists from the region and as far away as the United States who are willing to invest in projects banks may not be willing to touch. The format they use for their investors is the same as ‘Dragons Den’, (the popular TV series) where businesses make a short pitch in the form of a presentation. “We video tape it” and distribute it to “some of our investors into the crowd because they want to remain anonymous,” explained Kidd, who said the videos were sent throughout their network.” Interesting coincidence…the guy’s name…

Apparently, drilling at Ogden is completed, and core sent to the lab for analysis. I’m hoping for partial results, but Dupont may wait for all the results to afford a better understanding of underlying geology within the triangle formed by the three sets of twin cores, set 150meters apart, with points 2000meters south, then 2000meters east.

I’m hearing that Teck wants to meet with Explor’s Directors to discuss strategy moving forward at the TPW. In view of that, I would think that the Directors’ review of the materials provided by Teck at the end of April, would be accelerated. I’m as anxious as all of you to finally get a formal NR out on this. I think that could take place very shortly.

New Message
Please login to post a reply