Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

The market gave us a glimpse of the power of Chris’ presentation, picking up volume about the time he started speaking on Thursday, June 2nd, through the close Friday. As a ‘senior’ investor, I try not to react to ‘rah, rah, sis boom bah’. I listen, research, and study, then I invest my hard earned money if my long list of criteria has been satisfied. The impact of Chris’ presentation will affect the market, as those in attendance, and those viewing the video of the event, complete their due diligence. With some, that will happen quickly. With others, it will take longer. All in all, the Expo was well attended, and the Explor booth was very busy both days. Obviously, interest & volumes are influenced by the GOLD & Metals markets, and of course, we all hope to see continued strengthening in prices.

KIDD…Quoting from ‘The Sudbury Star’, “November 7th, 1963. Texas Gulf exploration geologist Ken Darke directed a diamond drill crew where to set up for drilling on the mineral anomaly known as Kidd 55. The very first drill hole was K-55-1. The drilling crew was set up in the northeast section of Kidd Township, 24kms from Timmins.

Aside from a handful of drillers and geologists, no one would witness the incredible event that would happen the next few days in that drill shack, as core samples from hole no. K-55-1 were being pulled out of the ground and placed in core boxes.

One of the core samples displayed a length of solid copper nearly a foot long. Ken knew immediately he was standing on a major discovery. It would become the world-class Kidd Creek orebody; so huge and so rich…” ($60Billion to date)

Local folklore tells the story a little differently, and includes a bit more on the geology. An old associate of mine, said he heard that the boss left for dinner, forgetting to tell the drill crew when, or at what depth, to stop drilling. He had every intention of returning to the drill site that evening, but like all the good miners of the day, he got wrapped up in the revelry at the bar, and didn’t make it back until the next day. The drill crew had been drilling through the night, busting through a layer of GRAPHITIC ARGILLITE, broke through, and discovered Massive Sulphides, the beginning of the Kidd Mine.

Ya…so what?? Well…Here’s what…Explor took months to determine the best drilling targets at Kidd. Chris Dupont reviewed, researched, scoured maps, talked to other geologists, friends, business associates, and only then placed the drill. The crew have been drilling now for the best part of a week. So, a couple of days ago, this same painfully careful & prudent man placed a SECOND drilling rig on the site, and gets that turning too! So why would he do that? Why would he incur that kind of additional expense?? When I heard he had done that, I contacted everybody I’ve ever relied on for credible information, and insight. Apparently, we hit the top of a layer of GRAPHITIC ARGILLITE, and I’m guessing Chris is thinking history is repeating itself!!??

TPW….Now, if that doesn’t float your boat, here’s another tasty little morsel to chew on. Overheard at the Timmins ‘Billions’ Expo, a couple of Teck geologists were asked how their crew was progressing with the IP down hole testing at TPW. They said that they were now finished with that phase of the project, were very satisfied with all the results generated to date and are now preparing to initiate a $2-4million diamond drilling program at the TPW site. They did not volunteer time frames, but seemed very certain & very confident the drilling would be happening as soon as practicable.

Lastly, I’m hearing mid to end of June for Ogden results….

New Message
Please login to post a reply