Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

As the impact of the Brexit resolution reverberates through the markets, GOLD is the major beneficiary. As in the past, upswings benefit producers first, advanced explorers second, implying a prevailing opportunity at Timmins Porcupine West. My sources are telling me Teck performed a ‘Preliminary Environmental Background Study’ at TPW. That unto itself states loud & clear that they intend to stay the course. I’m also hearing Teck really liked some of the numbers that emerged on the heels of their drilling on site last fall, although the Press Release due by the end of this week, may or may not speak to those, beyond Teck’s continued commitment to advance the deposit. Obviously, more work needs to be done to prove up the Hollinger, McIntyre modelling suggested by Explor’s staff. Let’s not forget that the company never found the NE or SW ends of the deposit, nor at depth.

The most interesting development is the strange new faces at the TPW core shack, NOT associated with Teck!! Maybe were seeing some front end reality to the variety of notions put forward on this board about the other 30% of the TPW?? Or perhaps a move on the entire project, in collusion with Teck?? Given the sudden move on GOLD, I would think that we would see M&A pick up around the entire Camp, especially by the Big Boys?

I’ve heard the Ogden results will be in Explor’s hands by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. As I’ve suggested in earlier postings, Chris may want to do a comprehensive interpretation of the triangle formed by the three sets of two holes drilled on the property, so I would think that the Press Release would more likely be coming out next week, rather than by the end of this one. I’m hearing we have interesting mineralization in all the holes.

A third location will be drilled at Kidd to depth, as soon as permitting is complete. Two drillings will be performed at that location, constituting Holes #3, and #4. Work at Holes #1 & #2 has been completed. The core has been split & sent to the lab for analysis. The drilling at Hole #1 was terminated at around the plus 1000meter level. Placed at roughly a half kilometer between the first two holes, Hole #5 is being drilled into the ‘nose’ of a fold, and has achieved a depth of roughly 500meters. Geologically speaking, this type of structure has a very high potential for ‘mineral traps’, hopefully containing VMS.

Apparently, Explor’s Treasury is in great shape, and the latest MD&A will be on the SEDAR site by the end of the week. That will offer a lot of current information about Debenture conversions to stock, as well as the most recent exercise of Warrants & Options.

New Message
Please login to post a reply