Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

With the PDAC just two weeks away, Chris Dupont has been travelling, in part organizing new interest in the Explor investment. Today he is having meetings in Montreal, and elsewhere over the next few days, but would not reveal the rest of his itinerary. I do remember the stock did quite well around the time of this annual event, over the last two years. The Prospectors’ and Developers’ Association of Canada (PDAC) is the largest mining exposition in the world, hosted at the Convention Center in Toronto, March 5-8. Explor has successfully participated in the event for many years now. Chris always assembles a truly dedicated, and professional crew to constantly man a very busy booth #2122. With both precious & base minerals values on the rise, my expectation is the PDAC will be hosting record attendees.

We’ve seen some good progress with the drilling north of the Kidd Mine. Despite various difficulties, the crew have achieved a depth of roughly 1,150meters (about 3,500feet). My sources have indicated we have drilled through some exhalate intermittently, and that’s exciting, but continue downward through mafic & ultramafic layers, with the intended target in the 1,300 to 1,400meter strata zone. I’m optimistic that with problems kept to a minimum, we could achieve that depth later this week. Hitting exhalate is the single best indicator that we are close to a VMS deposit.

I am hoping to see the final numbers for the Chester drilling sometime this week. As I’ve expressed previously, I’ve heard some good things about the core, and am anxious to read the official news when it comes out. The rumor suggests the results could easily expand the size & scope of the deposit. The Senior Geo in charge of that is a stickler for detail, but I’m hearing he’s close to turning everything over to the Company. With Copper trading up over the past few weeks, currently at US$2.73/lb, the deposit at Chester is looking more & more attractive.

I’m hearing drilling will take place at both the PG-101, and the East Bay property block during 2017. To my knowledge, a final date & time for the Teck video teleconference has not been established as yet, but the minute I know, you’ll know.

New Message
Please login to post a reply