Falcon is a global energy company with projects in Hungary, Australia & South Africa

Developing large acreage positions of unconventional and conventional oil and gas resources

Free
Message: Ground control, do you copy? I repeat: Do you copy?

>Until I hear it directly fro XOM, I will continue to wait, thank you very much.

Exxon Mobil suspends Hungary exploration project

Exxon Mobil Corp. said Friday it suspended exploration operations in southeast Hungary after well tests proved disappointing.

The Irving, Texas, company also exited a production and development agreement with Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. related to the project.

Exxon Mobil signed the agreement in 2008 to explore in the Mako Trough area but decided to suspend operations after the well tests were disappointing, Exxon Mobil spokesman Patrick McGinn said in an e-mailed statement.

Falcon, which is headquartered in Denver, said its other partner in the project, MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas PLC, also exercised the option to terminate the agreement.

Falcon is in discussions with several companies to find new partners to continue work in the area where it has 247,000 acres under a long-term production license.

Shares of Exxon Mobil slid 2 cents to $65.94 in afternoon trading.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9DVFA3G1.htm

------------------------------

I underlined the word "also". To me that clearly means Exxon is no longer working with MOL on the western portion of the basin either.

Oh well. The last few years have been fun. It was well worth the risk, but sometimes things just don't work out the way we hope.

Good luck to anyone who plans on hanging on, but personally I've had enough, and will most likely sell all my FO shares next week. Australia looks promising, but I'm just no longer interested. Time to move on.

New Message
Please login to post a reply