Cerro De Maimón mine

Emerging Copper and Gold producer in the Dominican Republic

Free

While most of us were watching baseball, football and enjoying the big bird with all the fixens this weekend I imagine there were alot of co. execs. working overtime on a superior bid to the $1.65 offer from Peryila. Our assets are just to lucrative to go to that lowball bid. As for who the bidder will be I have no idea. Xstrata however is definitely out. GMI was formed with the properties Falconbrige had to divest of because the DR gov't said they had to much land. GMI even took some of Falconbridges' top people with the land to give us a good base. I don't know if our core shack is still on their property or not? What is huge is the 48% of GMI stock locked up. This is one headache anyone else making a bid does not have to wonder about. The door was also left open for the 48% to accept a higher bid. I wouldn't put to much into us not trading higher than $1.65 on Fri., this stock just doesn't trade like that. Remember, no one knows we exist so there is very little retail action. The people who are in the know (the ones that really count) will be at the plate in no time. All we need is one more bid to get the fire works going! Cheers.

New Message
Please login to post a reply