Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free

I better get started...

posted on Apr 24, 2010 03:48PM

I have a bit of time and I have so much to share I'll just get into it.

I arrived in Montreal on Wednesday to attend a tradeshow for my real work. Sasha met up with me for a couple of drinks in Old Montreal and Frank met the two of us for dinner.

So, a Wednesday night in Montreal on a game night for the Habs in the playoffs. Let's just say that the town was a wee bit quiet, and both of these guys convinced me that they would rather hang out with a minor shareholder like myself than be watching the game. Class acts to say the least.

Anyways, for me it is a whole other level of investing when you can get to know the people as friends, and share some great (albeit overcooked as the chef was for sure - off that night to watch the game) food and wine and interact on a social level, talk about family, interests, blah blah. For me it fosters trust and understanding. I actually am not so sure if I will ever meet someone as charismatic as Frank C. He is at the top of my list, and I think I know some incredibly charismatic people. I don't care who you are - you will like him, and the guy had me in stitches for 3 days.

I drove with them from Montreal to Quebec on Thurs monring. Frank was trying to get a hold of Tilsley late on Wednesday over dinner to get final information and clarification for the NR which was released on Thursday. They never showed me the NR, only said it needed to be verified and sent out first thing on Thurs. They got it done very early, sent it out and picked me up at the hotel. Come to think of it, I still haven't read it but I know it was an update on drilling.

So, we drive along some highway in PQ. 930am hits, the market opens and apparently I become a mute. Franks phone starts buzzing, ringing, dinging and Sasha is hooked up to his laptop through his phone and is exchanging emails and placing calls etc. It's insane. He's talking to everybody you can think of. His field crew, his investors, potential investors, his wife, institutions, people we are meeting and on and on...for 2.5 hours straight. Ok, the guy is not lazy.

We get to the airport in Quebec to get the rentals cars and pick everyone up, and everything is organized and we split into 2 cars and off we go to Beauce.

Gorgeous rolling hills and landscapes, but more or less lots of farms and little villages. Not much in the way of major civilization although I would bet that Lac Echemin is quite a hub of activity in the summer time.

We arrived at their office at 1pm and met Dany, the field supervisor. Slyvan, the office manager. And Jim Tilsley, the head geologist. Apparently Paul, the other geologist was unable to make it but is heavily involved.

The office is meticulate. Nothing fancy be any stretch. It's an old building of which they share with a Source store, believe it or not and they have an apartment upstairs with a kitchen a couple of bedrooms. There are 3 very large drafting tables and maps on the wall and a few map filing cabinets. There is also a selection of samples on the counter, several of which you can see visible gold in. Anyways, looks like a great place to work.

We settle in, and check into the hotel/bed and breakfast/bar that is literally next door. It was like this town had been waiting for us for 50 years. After, we head over to the main drilling site that holds Timmins 1, 2, 88 Zone, Ascot etc. It takes about 20 minutes and it's 2 lane highway and a dirt road for about 1 km and you're there. It's not remote in the slightest and you are either passing farms, villages, or forest on the way. GNH actually owns this part of their property by the way, and this site is basically being utilized as the model for discovery for the rather large portion of claims they have in this region.

Frankly, when we arrived it seemed so small. I'd seen the pictures but I was picturing acres and acres of stuff, but you can literally stroll from Timmins to the Ascot, to the 88 Zone to the T2 zone. I'm kind of thinking thinking, hmm, is this really all that substantial?

Tilsley is holding court by the big trench from the bulk samples and starts to explain the property. There is a drill going on the top of the hill that was apparently moved at approximately 1am by the drill crew with the guidance of Dany.

Tilsley is mainly talking about the various kinds of rocks, and all sorts of stuff which I will not even begin to discuss here, lest I embarrass myself. I'm am sure that the Hoov will break all this down for us to hear in the near future. In short, there are 3 things going. Overburden, sediment and quartz. We want the quartz because in this kind of situation, that is where the gold likes to hang out. Soon after this, I can see Yukon Cornelius over yonder hammering at big chunks of quartz and looking for gold. In about 10 minutes there are about 6 more of us flipping over rocks and trying to break them and asking either Dany, Tilsley or Hoov what we are looking at.

It's basically an unspoken race to find visible gold. In the end we were all losers until Corvette, who hadn't asked anyone anything, confirmed that the pin size fleck he saw on a rather large piece, was in fact VG - Visible Gold.

On a side story, a highlight was watching JT (Jim Tilsley) grab an interesting piece of quartz and try to find some VG for us. The way he was looking at it, and chipping off certain parts I was actually pretty certain he was going to find it on that rock. He said that he'd like for all of us to be able to see it for ourselves as clearly there was an interest from the group.

By the way, there was 10 guests along for the trip.

Jim starts to explain the Timmins deposit and the quantity of gold that they believe/know is there. It's suprisingly substantial as I knew going in, but I guess the real volume comes from the fact that this all goes at least 1 km down in the ground. Unfortunately, I was not paying too much attention at this point as I have made a personal plan to NOT try to understand much about the geology. Seriously, I commit enough time to this as it is (obviously) so I'll let them know what they are doing - just tell me what the grade is baby!

My version? Well, JT explained that he KNOWS that the grade is 3g/t but given the nature of the rock and reporting procedures, that at this early stage of the game that if he were get a 43-101 done it could only show at 2g/t - and that he ethically and morally does not want to endorse a compliant grade that he factually knows is wrong. This, by the way is one of the greatest challenges that they face. It's not insurmountable, but it is a real challenge. The reason this is, is because of the nature of the deposit, which is nuggety. There is gold district called Juneau that is similar to this.

Ok, the twins just woke up from their nap....more of my drivel later. :)

New Message
Please login to post a reply