Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Aaaaah, year end, what to do, what to do…especially this year end. What are the signs and signals attempting to tell us? There are those in the main stream media that are well paid to play the role of helping us all to ‘rise up’. Act as though this is just another year and that markets are reacting the way they always have, as if there are no looming avalanches of debt that Mort Zuckerman has just so rudely reminded them of. That is just not supposed to exist you see, and markets are not intervened etc. Then we have the usual parade of gold bashers and chartists on the bus. news channels pumping everything from mutual funds to bonds to the latest ETfs to debt. (Not called debt) to the big banks … anything but gold. ‘Oh well’ they say, yes gold may be good for the long term but not now. After all it is overbought, factored in, due for a pullback, end of its bull run etc. And let’s be honest, just amongst us boys, gold is just too expensive to mine now so don’t buy the stocks. Look what a poor investment they have been…you know the usual blather.

A split second review of just few salient, but suppressed economic factors might just provide a broad canvas for a few of us to help sketch out the 2013 market panorama. Let’s see, hmmmm, some say the U.S. is actually in worse shape than Greece and were it not for the dollar reserve IOU currency, it would now be looking up from the bottom of an economic Grand Canyon….. Rather than suspended over it by a thin thread of bluff. Just here say of course. The National debt is now over $16 trillion, deficit is $1.5 Trillion, annual interest is $360 billion (at artificially suppressed interest rates), annual tax revenues are under $3 trillion, unfunded obligations are over $87 Trillion ( 5 times GDP) and not included in the Gov. balance sheet … and publically recorded at only $7 trillion. All is being spent with no room for the ‘unfunded’ morsels. Wait a minute, another source reports there is a $225 Trillion Federal entitlement liabilities? Huh! Almost 9 million are now collecting disability benefits, 50 million on food stamps...with 56 million social security plan beneficiaries now. Blah, blah, blah. Oh, forgot about the US Fed. Housing Authority needing a bail out for a $16.3 billion deficit (but those guys on TV said housing is looking ‘robust’ for 2013. Time to buy they say). Mortgage lenders reportedly are withholding 15% of inventory off the market to drive prices up. The home mortgage market has become nationalized.

The private sector is being burned at the stake by the politicos and their masters while big fraud is rewarded. Less and less will be realized from the yoked, exhausted payers who pull the cart up the parabolic fiscal cliff, who will at some point be hurtled to the canyon below as interest rate boulders begin to fall. Already, more money has to be borrowed just to pay the interest on the money that has been borrowed. The western ‘globalists’ have pulled off the biggest fraud in world history with the rigging on LIBOR, the overnight bank lending rates, while the long term manipulation of the precious metals and their stocks reach their end game.

Did someone say ‘gold’? ... the only currency to exist for 6000 years. It doesn’t count you know. I wonder why its price is increasing almost in lock step the US debt?... debt that has increased from $430 billion in 1971 (Nixon closed the $35 gold window) to over $16 trillion today divided by 10 billion = $1600 or so per ounce….. Or from $8 trillion ($800 gold) with Bernanke in 2008 to $16 trillion. Coincidence? Odd indeed. The S&P is down 83% against gold in 12 years, real estate down 75%, 30 year bond down 70%, most currencies down 80%. Who loves ya baby? What protects you? What has no counter party? What can’t be printed? (Let’s not mention silver). Are we at ‘ho hum’ or ‘hi ho’?

Well, there you have it, a compendium of the history of the universe.

What is coming? Hmmmmm. Can they blow the HUI down through support at 420 and blast her down to the 380 area before the inevitable rebound up through 440, then 450, then 465, then past 530? Is gold heading for $3625 in 2013? Will silver find $125? Will the S&P soar on hot air to over 16000 before free falling…with P/E already at a breathtaking 21? Will the $1.44 Quadrillion ( that’s 1.4 thousand, thousand million) global derivatives (shadow banking system…off balance sheet) bloat forward? Will world-wide currency debasement (printing) explode? Will interest rates rise? Will negative real interest rates get worse? Will debt/credit financed assets…stocks, bonds, property, paper $, plummet? Is 23,000 tons of gold gone from the western vaults? Is most of the gold in the western banks ‘encumbered’? Think fractional banking. Will there be bank runs in 2013 in many countries from Egypt to Argentina to? What is the counter party risk on your investments? What will your home be worth in one year? What will your mortgage rate, saving interest, investment portfolio, cash value, car value, TV be in one year? What will bread, meat, groceries, gas, tuition, credit card interest, booze, utilities, cable, taxes, insurance, medical costs, prescriptions, toilet paper , dental fees, parking, etc. cost you in one year?

What will gold; silver and their stocks do in 2013? They will go up, just like all the of the above…which is the good part.

Short term I expect an assault on the PMs and especially the JPMs. Might be good to be invested when they turn by mid/end Jan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVAnlke_xUY

"We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old