Welcome To The Hillsborough Resources Limited HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Quinsam Mine Receives B.C. Mine Safety Award for 10th Consecutive Year

Quinsam Mine Receives B.C. Mine Safety Award for 10th Consecutive Year

posted on May 28, 2009 01:10PM
May 28, 2009
Hillsborough Resources' Quinsam Mine Receives B.C. Mine Safety Award for 10th Consecutive Year
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - May 28, 2009) - Hillsborough Resources Limited (TSX:HLB) ("Corporation") is pleased to announce that the Corporation's Quinsam mine at Campbell River, B.C. has received the 2008 Mine Safety Award for Small Underground Mines. This is the 10th consecutive year that Quinsam has received the award, which is presented by the Government of British Columbia's Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources.

"This is a very prestigious award and is a testament to the uncompromised commitment to safety by the management and personnel of the Quinsam mine and the Board and management of Hillsborough Resources," stated David Slater, President and CEO of Hillsborough Resources. "I want to congratulate Quinsam for achieving this award for an unprecedented 10 years in a row. Quinsam has a long and stellar record in mine safety, which could only have been achieved with the full commitment of every employee at the mine."

The Mine Safety Awards have a long history, with 2008 being the 47th anniversary. Established in 1961 by the B.C. Minister of Mines and Petroleum Resources, the Small Underground Mine Award is awarded to the small underground mine with the lowest lost-time accident frequency.
New Message
Please login to post a reply