Welcome To The Ivernia Inc HUB On AGORACOM

The company that GETS THE LEAD OUT !

Free

Releases

posted on Mar 28, 2008 08:43AM

I googled "Ivernia Fremantle" and ended up on the following site:

http://www.plugger.com.au/news/Environmental_Protection_Agency__

and__Fremantle__or__Ivernia/ 

One of the articles on that site caught my eye so I tried to open it but was met with the news that it was not available.  The reference to this article is reproduced below.  It appeared that the government agency had had it removed but that is just conjecture on my part.  I suspect that this article contained the information that was on the Ivernia site for a few days in late February and then disappeared.  The reference to "extra conditions" sounds familiar. The Ivernia Fremantle site has a number of articles describing how the mayor of Fremantle has been travelling through the area to gain support from towns and cities along the rail route with the intention of preventing Ivernia from shipping through Fremantle.  No indication as to how successful he has been. 

Tough conditions mean more work before proposal gets green light
Environment Minister David Templeman today announced that Magellan Metals must implement a raft of tough conditions before the shipment of containerised lead through Fremantle could proceed. Mr Templeman accepted the recommendations of the Environmental Protection Authority in December last year that the shipment could proceed under a number of strict conditions, but considered that extra conditions were needed to ensure the protection of the community.
Western Australia State Government - Published 2 months, 1 week ago

New Message
Please login to post a reply