Welcome To The Kimber Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Creating value through Exploration and Development in the Sierra Madre of Mexico

Free

Hi All,

It is my fault that Sitting Bull no longer posts on these message boards. I take full responsibility, so hate me if you must.

I am not sure how long Sitting Bull has been an investor in Kimber - quite a long time I imagine. I have been an investor since 2006 (yikes - that's 5 years) and have never sold any shares, only accumulated. I do know that we are both passionate about Kimber Resources, but have different ways of expressing it.

For those who wonder why Sitting Bull no longer posts, it goes back to around October 21, 2010. Sitting Bull made the following post on that day entitled - An Open Invitation to Complain...

"...This is Sitting Bull. I am putting out this open invitation to complain!

Complain about Management, about me, about Gold, about Richard Russell, about anything. Just let it all out. Speak and write as harshly as you like. I'll do my best in response to pump you back up again. Many of you have probably just about had it with Kimber. Just put it all out here. I think you'll feel much better! Bull..."

And complain I did - you can check the post history. I complained about management and I complained about Sitting Bull. My complaints about management could be summarised as follows:

Jim Puplava ousts Robert Longe from Kimber management. Robert wanted to take a reasonably good sized deposit of 2MM oz into production, but Jim wanted more. Jim believed in the gold bull market and wanted to build oz in the ground. His reasoning - why pull gold out of the ground now (approx 2006) when you can leave it in the ground and build reserves to sell at a later date and a higher price. It was sound thinking, but something went terribly wrong. Kimber lost key staff in the shake-up. Suddenly everyone who understood the mineralisation was gone. Then we got the global financial crisis of 2008. It was a disaster for Kimber shareholders - geologists not knowing what they were doing - we spent about 4 years stuck at 2MM oz of resources. We had "measured and indicated" resources of 2MM oz, and tried to redefine the geology, ending up with.....2MM oz all over again.....but this time the oz only counted as "indicated". What happened to measured and indicated status...GONE!!!!! unbelieveable incompetance from geologists and management. As a shareholder, I was fuming and the share price was plunging.

On top of that I was reading Sitting Bull's almost daily posts where the theme seemed to be...just have faith....management know what they are going....blah, blah, blah...Steve Jobs....blah, blah, blah Apple. It seems that Sitting Bull was incapable of making a post that did not include mention of Steve Jobs or Apple or just having faith in Kimber. Again, I was fuming. I need facts, figures, concrete evidence.

So on 21 October 2010 when Sitting Bull invited people to complain...I let loose. I mean I REALLY let loose. And I think....I mean I know....that my comments hurt Sitting Bull very deeply. So much that he has not posted ever since.

I am resposible for Sitting Bull's departure. On the one hand I am sad, because I know my comments hurt him more than I intended. But on the other hand I felt that some things needed to be said, and as per his invitation of 21 October 2010, he did ask for complaints.

If you are out there Sitting Bull, know that your posts are missed. I may not agree with everything you say, but I respect your right to say it.

But now I am feeling much more positive about Kimber. In those dark years (approx 2006-2010) where I think we lost our way, I believe we are now back on track. The drill results that have been coming out indicate that the geology team are back to full strength and have a good understanding of the resource. Agnico Eagle on the board of directors is also another huge positive. I am looking forward to the release of the updated mineral resource next year, along with pre-feasibility and fesibility studies. In fact, this time next year we should know if we will build a mine or be sold.

The future for Kimber is bright...in fact it gliters like gold.

Golden Kiwi

New Message
Please login to post a reply