Welcome To The Kimber Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Creating value through Exploration and Development in the Sierra Madre of Mexico

Free

Kimber Resources, Inc. : kimber makes changes to the board

04/18/2013| 09:31am US/Eastern
Vancouver, British Columbia - Kimber Resources Inc. (NYSE MKT:KBX, TSX:KBR) is pleased to announce the appointment of James J. Puplava, Board member since 2004 and Kimber's largest individual shareholder, to the position of Chairman of the Board. Mr. Puplava replaces Kimber's Chairman Peter Nixon, who has left the Board together with directors Donald Young, Frederick Graybeal and Tim Haldane. Kimber also welcomes back former director Keith Barron, a successful geologist and mining entrepreneur, who has rejoined Kimber's Board of Directors.

"I am delighted to accept the role of Chairman of Kimber Resources and am honored with the confidence the Board has shown in appointing me to this position." said Mr. Puplava. "I have been a large shareholder of Kimber since 2004, and I share in the pain that all of our shareholders feel during these challenging times in the precious metals equity markets. At Kimber, we are working hard to help our shareholders realize the value that we see in our Monterde gold/silver project. In an effort to further advance the Monterde project, especially in this difficult market, we have taken steps to cut our costs significantly and have streamlined the Board structure, reduced monthly operating costs by more than 40% since year-end 2012, and our management team has taken voluntary pay reductions. The Board will continue to take further steps to reduce ongoing cash costs while remaining focused on our core asset of Monterde. The work completed at Monterde has successfully grown and de-risked the project to its current status and Kimber is determined to take additional steps to move Monterde towards a production decision."

New Message
Please login to post a reply