Free
Message: Winning the World Series..... Not! But, better than ... well, use your imagination!

I took a gander at the LAC company web site this morning and turned to the current TIme Line for Thacker Pass... and what did I see:

"First Production Expected

Targeted date to start production.     Q3,2022 est."

So, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all.  While the DFS publication gets pushed farther and farther away down the road, it appears that the production date may have actually been pulled back closer to home.  Not much, but every little bit helps.  So to keep things in perspective re: Thacker Pass, the "word" was less than a year ago that Thacker Pass production would be "late 2022 or early 2023":

Mining Quarterly, 5 December 2019, published this:

Lithium Nevada Corp.’s plans to mine and produce lithium products at its Thacker Pass project near Orovada in northern Humboldt County are on schedule, and the company plans construction of a rail port in Winnemucca to serve the project.

“The permitting process is progressing as planned, and the schedule to receive federal approval for construction and operations remains on target for December 2020,” said Alexi Zawadzki, president of North American operations for Lithium Americas Corp. and chief executive officer of subsidiary Lithium Nevada Corp.

He said the target is to begin project construction in 2021 and begin production in late 2022 or early 2023.

Not exactly like winning the World Series, but better than a 10 game losing streak, eh?

New Message
Please login to post a reply