Welcome To The Merrex Gold HUB On AGORACOM

DEVELOPMENT OF A MAJOR GOLD RESOURCE at the 840 square kilometre Siribaya Gold Project in Mali, West Africa

Free
Message: Merrex Gold Begins Exploration on the Kakadian Permit, West Mali

ccnm

HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA--(Marketwire - April 6, 2011) - Gregory Isenor, P.Geo., President and CEO of Merrex Gold Inc. ("Merrex") (TSX VENTURE:MXI) is pleased to announce that Merrex has begun its 2011 Phase I exploration program on its 100% owned Kakadian permit in West Mali.

Kakadian Permit Exploration Program

Merrex has initiated a Phase I exploration program on its 100% owned Kakadian mineral permit in West Mali. The Kakadian Permit, which covers approximately 55 square kilometres and is unrelated to Merrex-IAMGOLD's Siribaya Gold Project, includes rights to gold and certain other minerals but Merrex's primary interest is the permit's gold potential. Merrex plans to follow-up on gold anomalies identified from the prior geochemical soil sampling survey during which 30% (approximately) of the Kakadian Permit was sampled. The 2011 Phase I program consists of mapping, sampling, trenching, pitting, and additional soils and termite mound geochemistry. Drilling will follow if warranted. The budget for the Phase I program is estimated at approximately C$100,000.

The Kakadian permit is located in the north portion of the prolific gold-producing Sadiola-Kenieba Birimian window, and approximately 10 kilometres west of AngloGoldAshanti/IAMGOLD's Sadiola gold mine. Merrex holds a 100% interest in the Kakadian Permit subject to a 3% Net Profit Interest vendor royalty.

Gregory P. Isenor, P. Geo., is the Qualified Person as defined under NI 43-101 who has reviewed and is responsible for the technical information presented in this news release.

Merrex is a Mali focused gold exploration company with experienced management, a solid exploration team, a prominent gold-producer as a partner at Siribaya and an expanding gold resource.

Please visit our website at http://www.merrexgold.com/">www.merrexgold.com for the most recent corporate presentation.

On Behalf of the Board

Gregory Isenor, P.Geo., President & CEO

This press release includes certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements". All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address future exploration drilling, exploration activities and events or developments that the Company expects, are forward looking statements. Although the Company believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include market prices, exploitation and exploration successes, continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Gregory Isenor, P.Geo.
Merrex Gold Inc.
President & CEO
(902) 832-5555
(902) 832-2223 (FAX)
[email protected]

New Message
Please login to post a reply