HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

++++COMMODITIES++++ - ONE Year Old

posted on Oct 08, 2009 07:47AM

Good Morning to all INVESTORS.

I've put out a COMMODITIES report now for 1 year on the forums. This report has varied, but I tried to stick to the Metals that are found in the ROF and news that pertain to this wonderful land called McFaulds Lake or RING OF FIRE.

I hope that these reports have been useful and I will try to continue them on a daily basis.

Thank you all for allowing me to do this .......HAVE A GREAT DAY......RL

+++++++++++

Gold, after inflation

Barry Ritholtz has a good chart, courtesy of Bianco Research, showing the price of gold in inflation-adjusted terms. As you no doubt know, gold has been on a tear this week, rising to a record high of $1042.80 (U.S.) an ounce on Wednesday afternoon - up 46 per cent since November.

This rise is widely interpreted as a sign that investors are losing faith in the U.S. dollar - and other currencies, for that matter, as central banks and governments around the world see the benefits of weaker currencies.

But gold has long been seen as a hedge against inflation. Here, it hasn't done a good job. While the price of gold might be at a record high in nominal terms, in inflation-adjusted terms, its value today is about half the level it was in 1980. Back then, it traded (again, in inflation-adjusted terms) at $2358 an ounce.

Of course, the price of gold spiked in 1980, which skews the chart. But even if you lop off that peak, you can see that gold has merely meandered over the past six decades.

++++++++++

Copper rises as dollar weakens

SINGAPORE - Copper rose 2.3 per cent on Thursday, recovering from the previous day's modest loss, supported by supply worries, a fall in the dollar and gains in other commodity markets.

Aluminum was in focus, rising 1 per cent after Alcoa Inc. reported a surprise third quarter profit and pointed to signs that key markets were stabilizing, saying it expected global consumption to rise by 11 per cent in the second half of this year.

++++++++++

Oil rises above $70

Oil prices rose above $70 (U.S.) a barrel Thursday amid a weakening U.S. dollar, mixed crude inventory data and a decision by Nigeria's main rebel group to resume attacks next week on the country's oil industry.

By midday in Europe, benchmark crude for November delivery was up 78 cents at $70.35 in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract lost $1.31 to settle at $69.57 on Wednesday.

++++++++++

24 Hour Base Metals

++++++++++

Gold & PGM Prices
Oct 8 2009 7:44AM NY Time
dd Change
Gold 1054.40 +0.94%
Platinum 1339.00 +0.90%
Palladium 318.00 +1.92%
Rhodium 1500.00 +0.00%

New Message
Please login to post a reply