HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Freewest and Noront Commence Drilling of Prospective Airborne Geophysical Anomal

Well, it is my opinion that if it was a 'hot' target, it would have been drilled already.

It is debatable about what NOT knew about deep minerlization under E1. I honestly do not believe they new anything for certain about that, and potential is only potential.

In any case, I would argue this situation is different because, whatever NOT might have believed existed under E1, it would still be more attractive to try and find other near-surface Eagles and investigate the depth potential of any Eagles found at a later stage. The reasons for this, again in my opinion, should be obvious, so will not explain here. Not to mention, of course, that 'hindsight is always 20/20'. The point is I do not think anything can validly be concluded about the timing of the drilling this anomaly based on what NOT did at E1.

At any rate, if this target was highly anomalous both on the magnetic and EM surveys, I would be excited. Based on what is reported in the NR, however, we are told both that the EM signature is very weak, and also that is not very deep - there goes the possibility that the EM response is weak due to depth.

I would certainly love to be wrong, but I am doubtful anything interesting will turn-up. Mag anomalies are a 'dime a dozen'... All this this anomaly really tells us is that there is something quite different about the magnetic signature of this structure, or body of rock, as it has been described in terms of dimensions, as compared to surrounding rock. Its geometry does add some intrigue to the anomaly, particularly given the geological setting, thereby making it a target. However, I am sure you are aware how many targets that have already been drilled in the RoF...

Regards, B.

New Message
Please login to post a reply