HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Mining company teams up with First Nation for new winter road

Lakeside this came from Mining Life on Line on Sept.26.

Looks like Noront will continue where Cliffs left off.

The winter road will run from Marten Falls to Noront's Esker camp where the Eagle's Nest Mine will be located

Also to note:Micon International is currently working on an update of Noront’s 2012 Feasibility Study which is expected to be completed by the end of October

http://mininglifeonline.net/news_view_4750.html

Noront Resources Environmental Assessment Work Continues in Ring of Fire

By Frank Giorno www.mininglifeonline.net

Sep 26, 2014

Noront Resources continues to work on its federal environmental assessment review by conducting additional studies and sampling in response to government reviewers and issues and concerns raised by Ring of Fire First Nations.

Noront still awaits the provincial government’s approval of their terms of reference for the provincial environmental assessment process. Both federal and provincial environmental assessment approvals are required before Noront can proceed to secure permits to construct an underground mine at its Eagle’s Nest Mine.

Discussions with First Nations on IBAs; road and mine construction anticipated by mid-2015

In addition discussions with a number of First Nation communities are advancing towards negotiating Impact Benefit Agreements (IBAs) and community participation in our environmental assessment processes.

Noront anticipates to begin road and mine site construction by mid-2015 shortly after receiving approval for their environmental assessments and permits.

Noront supports Marten Falls winter road

In the meantime, Noront Resources Ltd. has agreed to support Marten Falls First Nation (MFFN) as the proponent of a winter road to access its Eagle's Nest Mine in the Ring of Fire for 2014-2015.

The winter road will run from Marten Falls to Noront's Esker camp where the Eagle's Nest Mine will be located. The road will be used to transport bulk materials including fuel and heavy equipment, to be used for work on the existing airstrip and to help ensure that Noront is in position to initiate mining activities once the necessary approvals are in place.

Work on seasonal airstrip

Work on the airstrip is planned for fall 2014 and winter 2015 and will be completed under an approved land use plan with Noront's Marten Falls Logistics (a company owned 100% by Marten Falls First Nation).

The landing area will be developed to its final dimensions for use as a winter air strip during the 2014-15 season and will replace the previously used ice air strip on Koper Lake. Eventually, an all-season airstrip will be built on the site once waste rock becomes available from the construction of the underground mine at Eagle’s Nest.

Feasibility Study Update

Micon International is currently working on an update of Noront’s 2012 Feasibility Study which is expected to be completed by the end of October. The update is based on detailed construction cost estimates provided by the companies contributing to Noront's Eagle's Nest project, including:

• Cementation - Canada's leading underground mine contractor. Responsible for underground mine development and concrete formations.
  • Kiewit - A global expert on civil, heavy duty industrial construction and management of large complex civil/mining projects. Responsible for access road construction.
  • Nuna Logistics - A leading Canadian aboriginal civil construction and logistics company. Responsible for winter road, all-season road, site roads and transportation logistics.
  • ATCO Structures and Logistics - Responsible for permanent camp and associated infrastructure.
  • AECON Group Inc. - A Canadian leader in industrial construction. Responsible for mechanical, electrical and instrumentation installation.
  • Outotec - A global leader in process plant equipment. Responsible for design and supply of the process plant equipment.
  • ABB Ltd. - Responsible for the design, supply of electrification, automation and communications systems.
  • Atlas Copco - A global leader in underground and process equipment.

These contractors were selected based on their global and northern experience, proven track record of working successfully with First Nation communities, commitment to training an operating workforce and environmental health and safety performance as well as financial terms.

Exploration update

Noront is preparing for a winter 2014-15 exploration program that will include completion of geophysical surveys in the early winter and a diamond drilling campaign to follow up on any targets that have been identified. Both geophysical and drilling contractors will employ local workers. Their 2014/2015 work plan is dependent on receiving certain approvals from the provincial government, local community support and financing.

Noront Resources Ltd. is focused on development of the high-grade Eagle's Nest nickel, copper, platinum and palladium deposit and the high-grade Blackbird chromite deposit, both of which are located in the James Bay Lowlands of Ontario in an emerging metals camp known as the Ring of Fire. For more information www.norontresources.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply