HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Between 1905 and 1930 treaty 9 was established with FNs. Arbitrary bands were created based on multiple families that hunted or stayed together in the same areas, usually named after trading posts.

Reserves were created based on population, 30 - 150 acres per person depending on the time.

The rest was "crown" land and was considered ceded. The usual "rights" to use crown land were maintained. The crown maintained that they can take up land.

Even if a mineral deposit was found on reserve, the crown would still get 50% ... I'm not sure how this is hard to negotiate these days. It's all well documented but somehow the hearsay and oral tradition has usurped all written law.

Oh well, so much for that rule! Let's all get crazy!

I'm pretty sure my ancestor was told that they'd have land if they came to Canada and without tax. Well... that changed. Where's my land? I'm pretty sure I'm paying taxes on everything these days too. Taxes only were enacted later.

My question: Where in the treaty does it say that this applies to all posterity in perpetuity? Right, for as long as the rivers flow... shortsighted there I guess. I forget, was that actually in the treaty?

New Message
Please login to post a reply