HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: OT: Trudeau vows to end First Nations reserve boil-water advisories within 5 yrs

Sounds so easy doesn't it.?..just throw a number in the air like 5 years to end reverse boil advisories...like Trudeau is touting.

If I had to sit next to him...I'd ask him the following...and use Neskantanga as an example...

(1) Nestankaga claims they have had a boil advisory for 20 years....In a 20 year time frame..we'd had just about every brand of Fed government ..we've seen them all....why did non of them get this done when elected?? Harper hasn't been in power for 20 years.

(2)

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/crisis-suicide-drug-addiction-deepens-among-northern-ontario-184511681.html

After reading this....I'd have the following things to point out.....

1)Neskantaga, can be reached only by air. (they are holding up a road.!)

2)Neskantaga Chief Peter Moonias estimates that more than half the community's adult residents are addicted to OxyContin or other painkillers, (who brought the stuff in since the area is Fly-in only??)

3)Moonias said Tylenol is being trafficked at $5 a pill. "To that you can add the stresses brought on by nearby mining development, which has not brought hoped-for employment, Nishnawabe Aski Nation Deputy Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler "

I have to stop at point 3 for a minute....so folks like Noront are to blame for more drug abuse because...nearby mining developement has not brought hoped for employment???????And this slowdown is whose fault exactly????

How can there be employment when Nestakanga is not even capable to do a land use plan that has had tax payers resources provided for in filling it out.???

If they want employment....a road would be a start...so you could get to a job???

And we can't get moving on a road because......??????

The issue isn't as simple as paying millions for a wastewater treatment plant. ..Who is going to have the education and training to maintain it.?..The link below gives you an idea of what education you need to do the job..

http://www.ontario.ca/page/wastewater-operators-training-and-licences

Who is qualified in Neskantaga to do the job below..???Is there anyone???? How long would it take to get the necessary education...???? To me it's as silly as saying...I promise you a hospital in 5 years...and then...oops I forgot about the doctor and nurse thingie....How long to become a doctor or a nurse??? Is 5 years ok??

(4) Another fact I would throw out there since I'm using Neskantanga as an example....according to posted stats...there are currently 33 secondary students enrolled in Neskantaga. That's it....only 33.

How many people living on the reserve have high school education as a minium? How many in this group are not addicted to drugs and are interested in furthering their education in the water treatment management? These are all important questions to ask...no point in having a local hospital with no doctors. No point in having a new water treatement plant with no LOCAL trained people to do the maintenace which involves daily stuff and is a FULL time job requiring extensive education and responsibility.

The walkerton tragedy(link below) is a sad reminder of how important care, maintenance, training and being responsible is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_E._coli_outbreak

Below is a sample of the main activities required. Notice the "Inspect the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations." This is not a simple thing like fly in a worker once a year....It's a full time job.

Maintain the water treatment plant systems in order to ensure the availability of a clean

community water supply

Main Activities

Maintain the treatment plant systems

Maintain and operate the filtering and chemical treatment processes

Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water

intakes, pipes, water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls,

circulation pumps, boilers, heat exchangers and valves

Ensure an adequate supply of water for human consumption and fire fighting activities

Prepare work orders for servicing and repairs

Arrange for major repairs

Inspect the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations

=====================================================================

What I am trying to say is it's so easy to point fingers and scream out 20 years of boiling water.

But a closer look at the facts could reveal why 20 years has passed and there is still a boil water advisery...and why the gov'ts continue to ship out bottled water. Perhaps it is currently the only viable or safe? option at some reserves.

New Message
Please login to post a reply