Welcome To The Northern Gold Mining HUB On AGORACOM

The company’s strategic direction is to continue to seek out properties and claims in the area known to have high value gold targets and to execute the necessary work to rapidly move these projects towards advanced exploration and mine development stages.

Free
Northern Gold Announces Greg Gibson as Its New President and CEO

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - July 30, 2012) - NORTHERN GOLD MINING INC. (TSX VENTURE:NGM) ("Northern Gold" or the "Company") is very pleased to announce the appointment of Greg Gibson as President and CEO of the Company, effective immediately. Mr. Gibson, a member of the Company's Board of Directors, replaces Mr. Martin Shefsky who has been appointed Executive Chairman of the Board. In connection with these management changes, Lieutenant-General J. C. "Jim" Gervais, CMM, CD (ret'd), has resigned as non-Executive Chairman of the Board and will assume the valuable role of Lead Director.

Prior to his joining the Board of Directors at Northern Gold on June 14th, 2012, Mr. Gibson was the President and Chief Executive Officer of Trelawney Mining and Exploration Inc. Under Mr. Gibson's leadership, Trelawney discovered and advanced the multi-million ounce Cote Lake gold deposit in northern Ontario and then successfully negotiated the sale of Trelawney to IAMGOLD Corporation for $585-million.

Mr. Gibson has over 30 years of experience in the mining industry as a mine manager for gold and copper mines in Australia, a nickel mine in Timmins, Ontario and a gold mine in British Columbia. Previously he worked for JS Redpath, Dynatec Mining Ltd., Yilgarn Star Gold Mine, and Copper Mines of Tasmania in a variety of operational capacities. He is presently a director of several junior mining companies.

In making this announcement, Martin Shefsky, newly appointed Executive Chairman of Northern Gold stated, "Greg's extensive experience in the mining industry strengthens the Company at a very important and exciting time for Northern Gold. His proven strategic management, leadership and operational skills will add enormous value to Northern Gold's projects as we continue to grow the business."

"I am thrilled to have been given the opportunity and responsibility to lead Northern Gold into an exciting new phase of growth with a plan to advance both the Garrcon and Jonpol projects," stated Greg Gibson, President and CEO of Northern Gold, "As well, Northern Gold will aggressively seek out near-term production opportunities and pursue brown field exploration areas to realize its vision of becoming a multi-asset Canadian gold company."

About Northern Gold

Northern Gold Mining Inc. is a TSX-V listed, publicly traded junior

New Message
Please login to post a reply