Welcome To The Northgate Minerals Corp. HUB On AGORACOM

Bringing Value to the Surface

Free

Fleckenstein on Gold

posted on Oct 09, 2008 07:29AM

Gold coming up short of demand?

If that's the case, it could cause a mad scramble at the ComEx, the commodities exchange, because there's not enough gold to meet the open interest. It looks like physical gold, as compared to paper gold, is rapidly becoming the flavor of the day -- meaning that a huge price move may lie just in front of us.

And, if that thesis is correct, when more folks start understanding it, there might not be enough gold around to satisfy demand at anywhere near current prices -- and their attention will turn to the place where they can find gold, namely the gold miners, whose job it is to "make" more. (With the price of energy dropping as world GDP slows, the profit potential for the gold miners is liable to be the best it has been in many years.) So, I think the stage may be set for a dramatic move in gold stocks.

Now, this is just an idea. Will it happen? I don't know, but I've stepped up my gold stock purchasing in the last few days and bought more today as well. This idea may or may not work. Folks need to think it through themselves and not do something just because I am doing it. But it occurs to me that as the printing-paper-currencies-with-which... era ends, a new era for gold may be beginning.

New Message
Please login to post a reply