Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Options are par for the course of any micro-cap.

In the lifecycle of a publicly listed Company, i would be mad too if a Company was going to remain at $.50 for the life of it and some schmuck Board decided to issue options and dilute shareholders.

On the other hand. The BoD and Management of POET are active players in shaping the future of the Company. They are not idle in working through the monetization strategy of the Company. They deserve to make some money as well. Whether or not POET crashes and burns or becomes a 5 bagger, it will not be because of a message board. It will be beacause the management team and BoD have shaped and influenced the Company.

That said they have skin in the game as well and blood and sweat equity. I have witnessed this behind the scenes. They key members have a lot of work put into POET so don't think for two seconds that anyone is more deserving than the next person or above or below management. If your skin is in the game with any publicly traded micro capyour risk and your reward are all intrinsically tied up in the same goals.

Again the goal of this is not for POET to be a $.50 stock but to trade at a 10X,20X multiple. In stocks like POET sometimes this happens in a meteoric way and not grinded out slowly. Example two of my other clients listed on NASDAQ: FFHL, SORL, PRAN and SKBI. Look at their share prices in the past 2 months, just pull up the charts. Sometimes circumstantial change changes the nature of a Company's market cap.

The key to your investment decisions in any Company (I'm not an investment adviser and I never tell people to buy or sell my client's stocks) should be do you trust that management can get the Company's IP monetized. If you don't believe this you should get out.

It's what all the big boys do. The largest funds and I have met with them all Galleon, SAC, Brandes, Wellington, Fidelity, Ontario Retirement Systems. The portfolio managers who are active investors and not quant guys, never put a penny into a stock until they meet with management and look them in their eyes. Their trust in management is the final secret sauce in their investment decisions. This goes across the board for most value investors.

New Message
Please login to post a reply