Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

For the longs here, we've been conditioned into expecting what was called a "liquidity event" and in one of FJ's earlier lab tour recordings, an "auction that could escalate quickly" or words to those effect.

What appeals to us, (and our fragile nerve) is that a total buyout makes a selling decision for us. Hopefully, you've thought about your exit strategy, but often strategies go out the window when there's several more zeros in your trading account. But there's always that LINGERING feeling (greed) of "what if this sky-rockets even further from here?"

I think management has done absolutely the right thing within the last year. They are building it, so others will come. The fact remains so crystal clear, that POET, at its full potential, is a disruptive, problematic, market share gobbling entity in industries that yield over 400 and 500 BILLION dollars per year (between Semi Conductor and Military).

If they carry on the way they have been, then we will win either way, it's just a matter of how much time one is willing to wait. I myself have always preferred the monstrous offer from a biggie that wants to monopolize, because it takes the "what ifs" out of my emotional trigger fingers. And like many of you have mentioned, you can then buy shares of the acquiring entity.

New Message
Please login to post a reply