Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: AGM - My impression but some Nappa Valley wines had to come first

Good morning all,

Shortly after I left the AGM I read that Chris Chu was going to have the AGM question period transcribed (thanks Rob V) I decided to take my time in posting a few items.

Firstly, this was the best AGM of the last three where PC and others are obviously becoming more comfortable with the technology and where they wish to take it. That being said, (and I did ask the question) the objective a couple of years ago was to monetize the company. Back then (and I did ask the question) PC, Mark B and co did say that it was sell or licence ASAP. They also said that they would deliver the best solution using a long term or Time Value of Money approach. As an investor I could not have asked for more. The contracts for the two new guys are sujesting that we are going for more.

Now, you will find once the transcript appears that like Andy7, Mazan and a few others, I asked several questions to establish as much communication from the BOD as possible. I was entirely expecting two or three of the questions to be answered by 'No Comment'. PC did not need to confir with Legal as he was prepared and he new the answer. Hence my comment a couple of days ago that No Comment is just that. And rightly so. Keep in mind that 'communication' is a 13 letter word and often deemed UNLUCKY! It needs work and I believe that I asked many questions that needed answering from the horse's mouth...

I much appreciated meeting both the CEO and COO. Well done Ajit and Peter for taking the time to get this right. Their resumes tell us that they are comfortable in the science lab and the time with us tells me that they are equally comfortable in public. The COO explained the difference between Device and Equipment to this man with amazing clarity. That's is what the product needs going forward. Not every executive in the world masters the science but most understand how to sell and make money. At least the ones that I have supported and followed.

Lastly, I want to emphasize that the CEO and COO (And I did ask the question) are on a short leach and Ajit did say that there is no honeymoon. Someone in the know did tell me 3 months. That's not a guess.

In closing, I called FJ shortly after the AGM was over, he probably thought I was a kid in the candy store. Truthfully, I went to the AGM to secure my INVESTMENT. That I did and more.

Anyway, bye for now and back to the Nappa Valley! Man is the wine good!

MS

New Message
Please login to post a reply