Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.

As promised I am reporting on the meeting I attended yesterday at the Santa Clara Convention Center. The IIT Bombay stands for India Institute of Technology. FAN stands for Faculty Alumni Network. The goal of the Symposium was to find effective ways to give back and help India get on strong economic footing through manufacturing and employment. They may have been asked by Prime Minister Modi as these are among of the brightest minds from India. I was surrounded by scientists and engineers of the highest caliber. A lot of them from the Silicon Valley, and they welcomed me very graciously as a visitor. My goal was, for one, to see Ajit Manocha speak as I really enjoy the insights based upon his background and current activities. His circle of current colleagues and business associates, including our POET Team, does include Prime Minister Modi, and President Barrak Obama who look to him for advice in developing the highly desirable High Tech Industries in their respective countries. I will address some of the specific India Geopolitical issues in the Off Topic Forum.

Ajit's presentation was very much outlining POET, and the wealth of products POET will generate as it progresses through what this technology makes possible. There will be a sequencial progression as the industry and the market digests, adapts, and embraces the POET technology as it reaches its full potential. Someone asked about photonics and optics, which Ajit pointed out this is exactly one of the things POET will excell at. He said it will extend Moore's Law by 50 years. The folks at the Symposium knew about POET after Ajit's presentation as well they should. These guys are influencial members of their respective companies, and they all knew Ajit. He was definetly a leader there. As I have seen in many of the YouTube video panel discussions with Ajit as a participant, whether the offical leader or not, panelists tend to look to Ajit for validation of their comments or answers to some of the questions they have. Just natural leadership qualities. If I hadn't been an investor in POET already, I would be now. He told me they were going to be very busy for the next 30 days. (I had offered to do the remodel of their new offices), I'll just wait on that one. They aren't going anywhere. Neither am I. Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING, God Bless you and your families. I'll give some more info on OT, Probably some opinions included. GLTA

New Message
Please login to post a reply