Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
If you all haven't read Babaoriley's post on the AGM recap I suggest you do, as it is a very good recap of today's meeting. Like the THM, My husband and I were so glad to meet some Agoracom investors. It was a real pleasure to meet Babaoriley, Mazan, and a fellow we call G. I don't know how we missed a few others, BrightTech for example, but darn it we did. We were glad to meet with Babaoriley the evening before the AGM and we were quite happy we got to have lunch with BabaO, Mazan, and G after the AGM. It is really quite something to find a connection and comaraderie with other investors in Poet. Like the THM, we found some first rate folks at the AGM. Like Babaoriley said, we met Robert Ferri, prior to the start of the AGM. He is a very professional fellow and he really encouraged us to put forth our questions to management during the Q and A portion of the meeting. The business part of the meeting was pretty cut and dry, and they moved through that pretty quickly. And then it was on to the Update presentation/portion of the meeting. During the presentation I was a little confused as to how the VCSEL(integrated on the same chip as the detector, and transistors) figured in, and as to the timing as to when we would have that. At times during the presentation it felt like it was a done deal and in other parts I thought that it was not completed. If there is a transcript of the meeting or presentation, you may be able to see what I mean. So when it was time for questions I asked (as nicely as possible) for a clarification as to or whether it is completed, if we would be getting an NR, or if it was still being worked on. And the answer was that they are working on it and they elaborated as follows: They have produced the VCSEL that they want, many times. But there is a difference in making a prototype and manufacturing it in numbers. As an example. Think of a prototype car at a car show. Yes they have produced the car, but now how do they mass produce that same car in the manufacturing process. This is what they are working on. And as to timing it could be soon, or it could take a bit more time. But one thing Suresh wanted to make clear. They are beyond a one time "hey look what we produced in the lab" situation. In fact, and please, other posters, please correct me if I am wrong, but Suresh said that they have had 3 fabricators produce it. I do believe that is what he said. So again, correct me if I am wrong. This next big piece is a big one for Poet and I believe they are taking the time to really get this right. As a follow up I also asked about yields and if that is part of it, and he nodded affirmative that it is part of it. Suresh clearly states that no one else has an integrated all on one chip solution. How close are we? I don't think anyone can say for sure, but I really do believe they are working extremely hard on this piece right now. I'm getting a little fuzzy as it's late. I will post a bit more tomorrow. Good luck to all longs!
New Message
Please login to post a reply