Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hi Folks,

I must say I attended this year's AGM with much anticipation. I could hardly sleep the previous night. There wasn't that large a group in attendance, maybe 25 - 35 altogether, but all very interested in our company. Quite a margin adopted the 20% Options plan. There were two representatives from Denselight, I believe the Founder and CEO were there from Singapore.

Suresh made a point to express his appreciation for the standing room only attendance at the THM in Toronto. He was impressed with the Canadian contingent and conveyed a genuine affection for "our valued Canadian POEY Shareholders"

Suresh listed three items on the screen as most important to Management direction: 1. Create Shareholder Value 2. Create Shareholder Value 3. Create Shareholder Value

He said some might have thought the new acquisitions might be a distraction from our goals. On the contrary, he said these additions were part of our amended Hybrid Sales Avenue and enhance and accelerate our goals. We have a more diversified business plan snow and increased our International presence, distribution channels, materials utilized (GaAs as well as other III-V materials) and ongoing (and accelerated) revenues in our plan. We have also increased our engineers and manpower to a sufficient level for the projects we have at the moment.

Suresh said they will provide guidance in Q4, with Denselight becoming profitable in Q1, 2017.

Suresh said: POET has the only Integrated Monolithic VCSELL, Detector, and Optical Transistor in the World". "This has never been done before" Our Device has a small footprint, uses low power, has very fast processing speeds and runs very cool. It also takes relatively low time/cost to produce. In a word Elegant! The Industry is crying out for an integrated monolithic device like ours. My observation is based upon published comments from IC Industry leaders.

Subhash made a point of saying before the acquisitions he met resistance approaching new contacts, as they didn't know who they were. Now he finds them seeking POET out. POET is definitely on the map now.

Subhash said they have the VCSELL and Receptors now. No big deal as they are fairly common. Essentially they would fall into the "off the shelf" type product in a highly competitive market and fall short of its potential marketability. The POET physics are established but new and different, with the potential to become disruptive, but only if they are optimized. Optimizing is what they are doing now. We are past the physics/concept stage and into engineering the device into the disruptive game changer it can be.

My take home on this: We are on track and very close to that with the Holy Grail of the IC world.

This refinement process requires a high degree of precision. The device stack receives epitaxy layers that vary in material locations and thickness, from about 80 nm at the top and bottom to about 3 nm in the middle part. Once these parameters are established (my thought is they are already there now), it will be repeatable on a massive scale. This scale-up process is part of our work now. We don't secure large quantities of III-V wafers unless we're confident we can put this process together. We are also establishing distribution channels. Confidence comes from feedback from customers.

We still have the Trab Group in effect but products and revenues are priorities at this point. I sensed the same energy and enthusiasm, if not more, from our management in moving forward. There is hard work to be done but I am confident our management is focused. They have their eyes on the prize and will not be distracted.

Very nice to see familiar faces from Agoracom there. I spent most of my time asking questions during Q & A and chatting with our leaders after the Meeting.

Please note unless bordered with quotation marks, statements from management are paraphrased to the best of my note taking abilities. I did make some interpretations of statements, as accurately as I can. Please excuse typos and please point out any mistakes I might have made. I did execute this report in good faith to the best of my abilities.

I did take upon myself to present Ajit Manocha a Liter of Napa Mumm Premier Brut, grown and bottled in Napa, in honor of his 2nd Anniversary with POET, on behalf of this Forum.

Anyway, you guys at Agoracom are the Best and I so much appreciate our association. We have lots of smart people here and I hope this report helps.

SP doesn't seem to reflect the Value with POET

New Message
Please login to post a reply