Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Well, that's why I sat in the second row! Trying to read the body language. It never lies. But you might be right. No way to know for sure, but I am guessing that answering shareholder Q&A is not really his favorite activity.

One other thing: when someone asked about the TRAB, Suresh had two things to say:

1) paraphrase: "we are constantly asking ALL of the advisors at our disposal..." as he gestured to the directors in the room. "This is not a normal BOD. One member's wife is complaining about how often we meet!" So I think Blevins is one of many, like Warrior, like Lazovsky, who has massive knowledge, experience, and insight and can--and does--help refine whatever Suresh needs at this point.

Notice I say "at this point." Down the road, hell yes I am looking forward to Blevins mattering! Mattering a great deal, but I honestly think its early days for that.

2) "It would be totally inappropriate to comment about system level companies." This is a direct reference to Apple (IMHO). I'm not in the tech biz. I assume "system level companies" means businesses that produce consumer related products that involve dozens, if not hundreds of components, sub-systems, software, hardware etc.

What this tells me is: "guys, slow down. We have to walk before we can run, we have to crawl before we can walk..." POET products may very well end up in system level products, but first we have to sell into smaller, simpler products (like the AOC, for example).

Look at Denselight's customers (they used to be listed on the Poet website). I haven't heard of any of these companies. This isn't a problem, simply an observation about the chasm between Poet's commercial product debut and the products that we (investors/consumers) understand, know, and love.

I really think we will all be sipping Mai Tais in Cuba long before Americans read about the "photonics revolution" in Time magazine, or Suresh gets on the cover of Wired.

cheers

New Message
Please login to post a reply