Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

SV has emphasised as justification for the aquisition of BB and DL the fact that both companies provide a range of products complementary to POET'S.  He also recognised the need to integrate these companies within PTI for success.  I believe we have seen significant evidence of application and execution to achieve this goal.which is demonstrated by Bill Ring speaking at PIC.

A nagging thought is to what extent will the IP provided by these aquisitions become fully integrated via the POET.  It occurs to me that the 'delays' in the optical engine could be to integrate this newly obtained IP into the first POET products rather than just the export licences,supply and slow iteration difficulties we hear about.  Little of technical development emerges due to PTI comms policy but integration of aquired company's IP is surely a priority. 

Finally I take the changes of the company's  principle management recently as evidence of the end of a POET development phase.  We may well be further along the development time line than is generally thought.  

Sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply