Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Bang on, Rainer. That´s exactly my view.

We got good confirmation within the PIC-presentation and I am sure POET is technologically able to get it´s platform running and the AOC can be done (large-scale). The presentation was encouraging and I´m getting the sense that we are heading some technologically breakthroughs: a working POET-powered integrated device.

But I am aware that economics possibly is a killer. Remember that we invest in a company, not in a technology. That´s why DL-revenues are important. POET was not able to focus 100% on its platform, as they have clearly seen the risks of running out of money. DL is needed to finance POET. Basta. They had to make this detour. Management told us about it:

viewer.zmags.com/publication/b8aadbf9#/b8aadbf9/46

"POET...expects that the DL business unit will develop into a robust platform for the commercialization of POET technology."

Rainer stated that we don´t have latest information on this. But it better works out that way as I hate the idea of another capital raise. But even a capital raise would be better than giving up now. I don´t reckon with considerable NREs near term as the technology is not proved yet. DL is condemned to success.

As far as I know, the guidance is still intact: second half 2018 positive EBITDA (combined company). I highly recommend the article mentioned above to learn about what has to be done by POET to get there: see end of the middle text column and right column at the top. I would guess we are still somewhere at the first topic: development of an integrated device prototype. So there are several steps to go...

Better times ahead!

Holk

New Message
Please login to post a reply