Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I really can't hold back anymore. If this is not a kick in the teeth, I don't know what else is:

"early commercial revenues for our monolithic photonic engine in late 2018" 

How the heck can anyone stay positive when they put out statements like that? They consider that early? For some ridiculous reason they felt they needed to include the word "early". How can they seriously keep kicking the can down the road at this stage after all the delays they've already had with all the prior issues that were slowing things down having been resolved.

They put out a statement that the VCSEL has finally been validated (awesome news and something we've all been waiting for for an eternity it seems) and then they follow it up with early revenues in late 2018. This is why the SP ended up not budging today. For investors waiting for 6-7 years, that feels like eternity still.

My previous post a month or two ago was questioning this optimization stage. Are they really going to spend another year plus optimizing? Why do they still need to optimize something that is supposed to be so far ahead of the competition? How can this really be the case if they plan to spend possibly another year or so doing it. I've read all the new documentation, posts here today, and what real catalyst do we have for any meaningful SP gains for the rest of the year if the announcement of a validated VCSEL has us closing even for the day?

Unbelievably frustrated at this point. Enough with the goggles and lab coats... get some early prototypes into customers hands already, stop feeding us Denselight filler news releases unless they come with millions in revenue, and focus on what investors really care about, a POET product in the market ASAP. There will always be continuous optimization and improvements for years to come. You don't need a perfect product out in the market initially. You risk missing a window all together. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply