Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Just getting caught up after a much needed vacation. Overall positive but everyone needs to step back and look at how the board is reacting again to what we've seen so many times before. Say whatever you want, the goal sticks have been moved again. Promises of NRE in late 2020 which can again slip as needed and revenue now pushed back to 2021. How many years have they been promising the same thing?

People are wondering why the stock is slipping again... this is why.

We've had partners and customers the entire time and it never moved the needle because there was never any substance. I think we are in a different place now but people need to be realistic. Poet is not the only one working on these solutions.

Two other points:

1) When someone comes onboard at these positions, they are not hitting the ground running. I'd say it's 6 months before they become useful and likely longer given the industry, complexity to learn the ins and outs of Poets business. Add in that they are again hiring all new people and it will take a while for people to start contributing in a meaningful way. It's also a big time suck for the existing staff who need to get them up to speed.

2) The conferences for the coming months and potentially longer will be a wasted investment. There's no one going. For my company we have already pulled back our engineers from an upcoming conference and will likely pull the rest back as our customers are dropping like flies from the attendance list and there's no point in going (forget the risk). My customers are starting to instill travel bans too for their employees.

This is the new POET since 2017 or so. It's moving along more technologically sound than ever but the same old misteps and delays. The market doesn't forget and there will be a sell off that we see. Blame it on the Coronavirus but there's nothing we've heard to give anyone sitting on the fence a reason to buy right now or even hold. For them it's better to sit on the outside and wait and see.

New Message
Please login to post a reply