Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I hate to be cynical, but this company has made me that way.  I'm at the stage where selling is out of the question because of the shocking depreciation of the SP.  I'm not surprised by the cheerleading on this board, as people who are starving will gobble up whatever crumbs are sprinkled in front of them.  

I look at this release as more "fluff" completely devoid of specifics.  How much new equipment?  What percentage of an increase in capacity is it?  How many "die bonders and testers" representing what kind of value are we talking?

This is no different than the previous CIOE release, which is again...filler in the absence of quantitive, substantial news involving purchase orders representing real dollars.

My theory on the company is that we are moving the goalposts to focus on the higher speed, higher capacity engines because that's what the industry wants.  If a mega tech is truly going to retrofit a facility, or adopt a completely new technology/architecture, why would they do it for 100G, when 800G is within near-term reach?  That's the nature of technology and adoption.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply