...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Koo, never say never on any of this but I don't really see Dart Neuroscience being interested in obtaining Apabetalone at this late stage.   Everything that I've read about them suggests, as does their name, that they are interested in neurosciences which is not what comes first to mind with Apabetalone.  Who knows though, perhaps they would be interested in licencing Apabetalone vis a vis alzheimers.  Secondly they seem to be interested in drug discovery/devlopment and up until now have not been involved in the sales and marketing end of things.  When you look at HL's summary financials, I'm not sure they have what it takes to compete with big pharma for RVX.  All JMO though.

I'm not sure how we could assume that any of the big investors would out of hand dismiss a CVR.  To me their acceptance or rejection of a CVR would be very much dependent on the details of any proposed deal.  If you used the companies own base NPV as guideline I think a big pharma could attract most if not all investors offerring say 1/3 to 1/2 of this value upfront along with a good milestone/royalty schedule.  Given the breadth of opportunities now inherent to RVX as well as significant tax pools (I think those pools now have a cash value to a profitable US pharma of almost $90M), I think RVX would probably be a reasonable deal in that neighborhood.  Again very much JMO. 

Interestingly, just as an aside, when I was talking to Don at the AGM he said to me that Arthur Higgins once told him that in his experience most pharma deals got done once a prospective purchaser thought another pharma was interested in their target.  I would think that with the growing interest in epigenetics, the day is coming when more than one pharma will want RVX. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply