...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

When it comes to science, I am almost completely out of my depth when conversations turn to the heavy duty stuff.....and epigentics certainly qualifies.  Bromodomains, if you'd asked me what this meant 3 or 4 years ago I would have said that's where the Bromo Seltzer is located....in that domain.  That statement speaks both to my age and my lack of understanding of what's involved here in terms of the science.

I believe it was Peter Lynch of Fidelity fame who famously quipped:  "Buy what you know".  His reasoning was that by sticking with sectors that one is familiar with, that better investment decisions will be made...vis a vis the best times to buy/hold/sell, because of an individual's knowledge base.

If Peter Lynch ever met me he'd probably kick me in the junk.  In my defense though some of biggest winners have come from investing in things I had (and have) little understanding of, like internet business exchange centres, lithium mining, battery storage systems and even retirement homes among a few others.

There is a point to my ramblings though....beyond hi-lighting what a scientific lightweight I am.  

I have seen a boat load of stocks sky-rocket despite the fact they're in sectors that are little understood by the great unwashed.  I'll use a stock I love to hate to illustrate, ZIOP or Ziopharm....a late comer in 2015 to the red hot CAR-T space that went from a couple bucks in the fall of 2014 to up around $15 in just a few short months.

CAR-T stands for Chrimeric Antigen Receptor.....Now imagine trying to sell that, just picture blanks stares and glassy non comprehending eyes staring back at you.  The T stands for T-Cells, which is something I do think a lot of people have some understanding of.  But still....I would see it as a very hard sell in terms of attracting investors if it was sold by using heavy science terms.  

But what I saw was not heavy science being sold, but rather I saw a marketing effort that broke CAR-T into easily understandable or layman terms.  Taking an individual's own T cells and engineering them to recognize cancer and to fight it.  60 minutes even did a story about Duke University's research in this vein.  

That's something I don't yet seeing happening with Resverlogix.  When I read about BETonMACE or watch a video I'm hit with terms like Bromodoman, histones and a lot of other heavy duty science, and that would be fine if most people had a PHD, but not many do.  

I have heard Donny refer to hardware and software, equating epigentics with the software and saying software is where the money is.  But that's not enough, all CEOs talk glowingly about their companies.  

What's needed imo is an analyst from a big house, a talking head, someone with a marketing background....someone that people will listen to.  What's needed is for someone of this ilk to break BETonMACE down into easily understandable layman's terms.  Can it be done?  I believe it can, but the mother of invention is neccessity.....when JP Morgan gave Ziopharm a spotlight at their healthcare conference they were also the lead underwriter of a large secondary offering, so they needed to express CAR-T in a way that Joe Sixpack, or perhaps better desribed as "Joe Merlot" could understand.  

What big players "need" to drum up support for RVX?  Dart?  With his bank account he could walk away with a 100% loss and the effect would be almost zero on his net worth....okay, maybe one tenth of one percent, and even that might be stretching it to the high side.

BKC (I think I have that right) writes the most in depth and scholarly articles on Seeking Alpha imo....but who really understands them.  

Anyway....that's my thinking.  Stream of conciousness program disengage.

New Message
Please login to post a reply