...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

one point of clarification, Eastern owns 38% of Zenith not 28%

As I have also said before I agree with tada, to me the IP as collateral is not a big deal.  With BetOnMace success or a buyout that issue goes away quickly. If no BOM success RVX pretty much quickly goes to zero anyhow, IMO, unless management can right now start moving other programs along in a much more time effective manner than they have done thus far.  To this I obviously agree with BDAZ's last post and further, think that management needs to prove there actually is a pipeline of other molecules.  Let me be clear I don't suspect management is lying but I would assume from the share price that this is how the market generally feels about RVX, so far lots of talking but no action resulting in RVX being a binary outcome stock.  A big hit or a complete miss.  To me this problem lays directly at the feet of management in that they have not been able to attract adequate funding to be able to properly support the advances made by the science team.  Even the advancement of apabetalone as a renal therapeutic has been excruciatingly slow and I believe that is largely because of a lack of funding.  When I think back to late 2015 and how excited Dr. KZ was about the potential of apabetalone for the treatment of CKD, I think it borders on disgraceful that mangement has taken this long and still the program is barely underway. 

Quite frankly my most preferred outcome for the near term would be to see RVX bought out in a CVR that has a reasonable upfront payment and a potentially profitable back end.  Unless we have been grossly misled I think currently there has got to be a great deal of value in RVX's IP.  I think putting control of the IP in the hands of a company that is financially ready and willing to begin exploiting all of RVX's IP potential is preferential to the current managements plodding approach.  As an investor I would rather be derisked now with the potential to share in multiple opportunities in a more timely manner than be just waiting for the outcome of one program.  We were told at the outset of BOM that there would be plenty of "inflection points" to move the stock along the way.  Other than talk, thus far that has not transpired.  Zero movement on a second molecule, zero movement on aHUS or PNH, very little on renal.  Management has told us they feel RVX current EV is at minimum about $1.7B USD just for apabetalone (just CV and CKD).  With all that has been written up about epigentetics as of late I can't imagine that some pharma wouldn't pay a healthy portion of this upfront along with a potentially profitable backend for a phase 3 CVD program and an 8 year lead in this field.  All JMO, curious as to what others think.

New Message
Please login to post a reply