high-grade world-class silver ore body

Coeur d' Alene mining district - Big Creek Canyon, Idaho

Free

SNS NR

posted on Mar 17, 2008 06:06AM
Mar 12, 2008 09:30 ET

SNS Silver Hires SRK Consulting

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 12, 2008) - SNS Silver Corporation ("SNS" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:SNS) is pleased to announce that it has engaged SRK Consulting (US), Inc. ("SRK") to provide an independent qualified person to develop a resource estimate compliant with National Instrument 43-101 for the discoveries made last summer at the Company's exploration project located at the historic Crescent Mine.

SRK is an internationally recognized independent consulting firm focused on all aspects of mine development and design. SRK will initially provide technical support for a resource estimation which can support a preliminary mine design.

SRK's qualified person made a site visit to the Crescent Mine exploration project at the beginning of February to conduct interviews with technical staff, observe ongoing exploration, and review historic data files, in preparation for the resource estimation.

SNS President, Tom Fudge, was noted as saying, "I'm extremely pleased to be working with such a highly regarded organization as SRK. There is no doubt we'll need to complete some in-fill drilling before the resource estimate can be finalized but we're already getting started on data preparation for the modeling to begin in the next couple of months. We anticipate the NI 43-101 compliant resource estimation will be available by the end of the calendar year."

SNS Silver Corporation (TSX VENTURE:SNS) is an exploration mining company, whose primary asset is the 100% owned Crescent Mine located in Kellogg, Idaho - one of the largest silver districts in North America with over one billion ounces of silver produced. The property consists of 24 patented mining claims over approximately 350 acres, alongside 40 acres of surface rights. The Company currently has a comprehensive and well-funded drill program underway. Their main focus is on upper country surface drilling and underground drilling on the Alhambra and South Veins, as well as restoration of the Hooper Tunnel, drifting and cross-cutting.

Historical resource estimates quoted herein are based on data and reports obtained and prepared by previous operators. The Company has not completed the work necessary to independently verify the classification of the mineral resource estimates and is not treating the mineral resource estimates as National Instrument 43-101 defined resources verified by a qualified person. The historical estimates should not be relied upon. The Crescent Mine will require considerable further evaluation, which the Company's management and consultants are in the process of completing.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept the responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.

New Message
Please login to post a reply